How can I reduce my carbon footprint when considering my crew change logistics?
Here at ATPI Marine and Energy we always strive to deliver the most dynamic and up-to-date solutions for our clients, so when we asked our LinkedIn followers ‘What are your priorities for crew management in 2022?’ one answer stood out, sustainability.
From pledging to eliminate unnecessary travel, to only taking direct flights or even by working with ATPI Halo to create a more sustainable crew change policy, the sooner you start on your sustainable strategy, the sooner it will make a positive impact.
Throughout this short guide we will discuss the end-to-end decarbonisation offering that ATPI Halo can provide to ensure that the Scope 3 emissions produced from your crew logistics are as sustainable as possible through the Measure – Reduce – Offset methodology.
Step 1 – Review your CO2 travel footprint.
The ATPI Halo team will take time to review your current CO2 emissions. This will be presented as a complete data set in order to fulfil full transparency for your business and clients. Presented via an easy to use dashboard, we help you review your CO2 Travel Footprint Report.
Step 2 – Reduce your CO2 Footprint
ATPI Halo will work with your business to analyse the data and make recommendations for a reduced carbon footprint. This could include:
- The increase of domestic rail use and cutting of domestic air travel when possible.
- Travelling on direct flights when air travel is applicable, reducing transit points.
- Support hotels that have environmental pledges and policies in place to support the environment.
- Aligning travel plans for crew as much as possible, allowing crew to share transport.
- Using electric cars and taxis or public transport where possible.
- Having these options available at booking would allow easy, accessible changes to be made to your crew change logistics.
Step 3 – Offset your travel
ATPI Halo offers a wide range of world class carbon offset projects to suit a variety of clients, including the recently added Delta Blue Carbon Project. This innovative project based in Pakistan, utilises the cutting edge Blue Carbon tidal wetland methodology which accounts for the effects of sea level rise over the project’s lifetime.
ATPI Marine and Energy’s commitment to sustainability empowers your organisation by offering maximum choice and total transparency. If you would like to find out more about how ATPI Halo can work with your company visit ATPI Halo