Business Development Manager - Miami/Fort Lauderdale
About ATPI Marine and Energy:
ATPI is a leading global Travel Management Company (TMC) specializing in the
Offshore, Marine, Energy and Mining sectors. Our Vision is to continuously look for
innovative ways to extend the scope and value of the services we offer through the
passion for the business we have. Our Values include innovation, commitment,
empowerment, and foresight to build true partnerships with our customers, vendors,
and associates and delivering what really matters.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for establishing new
relationships and growing ATPI Marine and Energy’s maritime customer portfolio.
This position is designed to present the unique experience, value, and capabilities
ATPI has within this industry to provide outstanding service, duty of care, technology
solutions, consultation, and cost savings to our customers. Through prospecting,
networking, vendor relationships, and lead follow ups, the successful candidate will
not only meet, but should drive to exceed their annual quota. The target market will
be the small to mid-sized organizations within the maritime sector.
Summary of essential job functions:
▪ Prospecting and qualifying of truly viable organizations that will be able to
benefit from our products and services and enter into long term partnerships.
▪ Developing our brand in the marketplace as an industry expert and consultant
as well as the ability to represent ATPI in the marketplace at industry events
and trade organizations as a leader in the industry.
▪ Sales Pipeline development and management of both short and medium
range cycles to equal 4-5 times the annual quota.
▪ Recording and tracking of all sales activity on a daily, weekly, monthly and
annual basis within the CRM and providing detailed notes and information on
all prospective customers and relationships.
▪ Comfortably presenting products and services to all levels of an organization,
both externally and internally.
▪ Superior ability to create customized presentations, proposals, and marketing
materials based on the prospects business, the value ATPI brings to the
prospect, and shows a true win-win philosophy to the customer-vendor
▪ Building strategic business cases for responses to RFI, RFP and RFQ’s that
validate the ATPI unique industry offering and customer need fulfillment.
▪ Proactively strategizing with key internal business stakeholders such as
operations, finance, account management and implementation on pipeline
activity, sales strategies, service models, pricing and the transition from sales
to partner customer.
▪ Continually evaluating and providing detailed analysis of the competitive
marketplace, not only in regard to Travel Management Companies (TMC’s),
but the maritime sector around acquisitions, mergers, and startups.
▪ Maintaining industry expertise of innovations, trends, challenges, and
obstacles for both the Travel and Maritime industries.
▪ Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and
▪ Assume additional responsibilities, as requested.
▪ 5+ years outside sales experience selling to the Marine and Shipping
▪ Travel Industry experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required and or preferred:
▪ Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and
verbal, in order to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly
▪ Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities
▪ Exceptional market and customer awareness skills
▪ Industry knowledge to implement and oversee compelling campaigns
relevant to the industry and its audience
▪ Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
▪ Flexibility to work nights and weekends as business case warrants.
▪ Self-motivated, Independent, and the ability to research and seek out
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office, familiarity using a CRM system, and
ability to adapt to new software programs.
▪ Demonstrated experience with Social Media for business (LinkedIn,
Twitter and more)
▪ Creative “outside the box” thinking
▪ Firmly aligned with ATPI Marine and Energy’s Values and Vision
▪ Excellent compensation package with untapped commissions, base salary,
and bonus based on quota attainment
▪ Full benefits packages available with 401K
▪ Membership to trade and industry organizations
▪ Energetic, exciting and fast paced work environment with an industry leading
management team that provides an open and engaging learning environment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Wendy.Carrethers@atpi.com
ATPI Marine and Energy will not discriminate in its employment
practices due to an applicant’s age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin,
protected veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by