Emirates ushers in 2020 with positive outlook
Emirates delivered another year of trendsetting product and service initiatives across its fleet and network to make ‘flying better’ for its customers.
Find out how in this infographic charting their fantastic 2019.
Remarking on 2019’s milestones and highlights, Sir Tim Clark, President Emirates Airline said: “This was a year of recalibration in terms of our fleet and network plans. We’ve also stayed focused on delivering our “fly better” promise to customers through enhancing our product and service proposition at every touchpoint.”
Connecting the world to and through Dubai
In the 12 months since January 2019, the airline has:
- Carried close to 58 million passengers on its modern and efficient fleet of Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft
- Operated over 3,500 flights on average per week, or over 186,000 flights in 2019
- Travelling more than 885 million kilometres around the globe, which is the distance equivalent of more than 2,300 trips to the moon and back
- Served nearly 63 million meals on its flights departing Dubai
- Handled over 35 million pieces of baggage in Dubai alone
The airline reinforced its global network of 159 destinations in 2019, with the addition of three new passenger routes: Dubai to Phnom Penh via Bangkok, facilitating a new connection between Cambodia and Thailand; a non-stop service to Porto, the airline’s second destination in Portugal; and most recently, a new service to Mexico City via Barcelona.
Click here to download the Infografic