IT Systems Support Engineer - Manchester, UK
Position overview: be part of our Global IT team that makes use of the latest technology to communicate and act in supporting our users and customers across 22 countries and 50 offices.
The role is based in the UK in our Manchester office.
The ATPI Group delivers world-leading corporate travel and events solutions to organisations operating in a variety of specialist sectors around the world. For the Global IT team we are looking for a new colleague to join our IT team as ICT System Support engineer. You will be part of our Global IT team that is making use of the latest technology to communicate and act as a global IT team in supporting our users & customers across 22 countries & 50 offices.
- To provide 1st Level & 2nd Level end user and system support on a global basis on the portfolio of all technical solutions provided to the global users base. The communication with the users being support will be either direct (in the office you are working from), by e-mail (we are using a Global Helpdesk system) or by the telephone.
- To goal is to provide effective and timely provision of support service making effective use of helpdesk and monitoring tools.
- The post will require close daily contact with the Manager Global ICT Helpdesk & the IT Lead for guidance.
- The post will require good, clear communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation.
- Install and configure network switches, routers and firewalls (by following pre-designed instructions or to follow the process flow you have created/suggested to improve the setup for our end-users)
- Install and administrate servers, laptops and PCs including operating systems and applications
- Configure and administrate Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) data appliances
- Install and configure operating systems and applications
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Develop, document installation, configuration procedures and network topologies
- Apply software security patches and upgrades
- Configure and maintain the company's network and server infrastructure operating systems to comply with corporate IT policies and directives
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the company's IT systems
- Maintain accurate departmental records, including hardware assets and software licenses
- Ensure that software license terms are not breached
Experience & proven hands-on knowledge:
- Managing users (includes MACD; move, add, change & delete) within an environment based on virtual desktop solution (such as Terminal Services & Citrix XenApp v7.x) as well with local PC configurations within a Microsoft Active Directory framework (including the usage of PowerShell scripts and GPO’s). All user are setup based on the Office365-suite products and are supported locally and remotely by using tools such as Citrix Director / Quick Assist & LogMeIn
- Setting up and configure all types of desktop end-user equipment and keep the asset management database up to date. For PC rollout, we use SCCM and manual installations there where required.
- Work within IP based networks including the configuration of equipment. Understand the setup and maintenance of network cabling and rack design in the office. Have some knowledge of the connectivity of switches and routers (for troubleshoot purpose)
- Follow up on monitoring by using tools such as PRTG relating both on-prem resources and within Azure Cloud setup
- MACD (move, add, change, delete) in relation to Telephony PBX and VOIP technologies including voice call routing, call recording installed in the office. Knowledge of an Asterisks system is good to have. There is 3rd party supplier support for issue escalations if required.
- Virtualisation software (VMware) – using/managing VM’s
- Enterprise server operating systems (OS) (Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, 2019 & Linux)
- MS Exchange 2010 Hybrid setup with Office365.
- SAN/NAS – monitoring and storage assignments
- Travel industry application knowledge is good to have, such as Amadeus Selling Platform or Tavelport’s Smartpoint. If there is no experience with that, training will be provided on the given applications.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good administration, planning and organisational skills (to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload). Change, Incident & Problem management
- Highly focused on attention to detail and quality orientation
- Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement and able to implement
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in isolation and within a team
- Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Provide support for end users and applications. Investigate, understand, troubleshoot & resolve issues
- A flexible approach and enthusiastic manner
- Desirable qualifications (non-essential): Microsoft: MCSA/MCSE, VMware: VCAP, Cisco: CCNA/CCNP
- Desirable Travel industry application knowledge (non-essential): Amadeus Selling Platform and/or Travelport’s Smartpoint
- Willing and able to travel to other locations when required
- No 9 / 5 mentality
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.