Senior Project Manager – Sports or Corporate Events
In this rewarding and varied role, the successful candidate will work closely with clients to build an unforgettable customer experience, while also delivering commercial results for the business.
Purpose of the role:
To work alongside the Operations team and provide direction using expertise in Event Management to drive the results for the business and clients, look for opportunities to raise our ATPI Profile and work with the Operations Manager to ensure clients have a great customer experience while maximising ATPI's income opportunities.
Using your experience in building client relationships, you will deliver creative solutions within budget and be able to prepare proposals for clients following negotiations with vendors and preferred suppliers where appropriate. You will also be able to conduct the research required of an event including travel, venue and logistics.
Working with the Operational Team you will be responsible for larger events and support in the creation and execution of smaller meetings working with the Operational teams.
- Offer direction and coaching to develop the operational team to deliver exceptional service through their interpretation and delivery of the clients brief whether that be by call or email.
- Work with the team manager to develop the team to be able to build on timelines needed to meet with the event/booking requirements. Working on their approach and building up their knowledge over time, to deliver a quality service experience that is both consistent and dependable and aligned to the attributes of the ATPI brand.
- Manage and support multiple client events including all aspects of Event Management.
- Effectively plan and manage client projects and deliver to the client’s specification including research, budgets, policies, negotiation and management of suppliers, web registration tools, site visits and onsite management.
- Continual improvement will be a natural way of working, highlighting areas for improvement and sharing best practise to enable ATPI to attract, retain and grow the business.
- Communicate confidently amongst peers and share best practise with internal and external suppliers.
- Ensure operational processes and quality procedures are in place and are routinely used to monitor the quality of the team output and the quality of the service experience for all departments reporting to this role.
- Achieve targeted financial results whilst delivering high quality events working with the Account Manager to demonstrate savings on client meeting spend.
- Attend client meetings as requested by Manager and/ or Account Management for the purposes of developing valued relationships and to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Ensure client feedback is seen as an opportunity to improve, creatively resolve all disputes in timely and effective manner involving others where appropriate.
Key experience, knowledge & skills:
- Strong Leadership and team development skills
- Able to act and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Take part in presentations
- Ability to think logically and consider all relevant aspects
- System proficient for relevant sector
- Able to work under pressure
- Accuracy and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to plan and drive performance
- Be commercially astute – demonstrate insight into people, situations, events and practices
- Be able to evaluate conflicting information to arrive at incisive commercial and business decisions
- Experience in Event or meeting management
- Ability to travel if needed
- Flexible to changing business needs