Regional IT Lead (Network & Infrastructure) - EMEA
As a Regional IT lead (Network & Infrastructure) – EMEA you will be committed to supporting our business and will focus on providing an excellent level of IT delivery. In order to achieve you would be expected to:
· Be Cloud first – management & implementation – MS Azure led (At this moment we are using Azure Cloud)
· Show experience and understanding of new technology solutions (For example: such as machine learning, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), solutions relating to IT Operations automation)
· Demonstrate experience and knowledge in transitions from on-prem setup to the Cloud based oriented setup
· Become a key member of the Global IT function, representing Europe region, reporting into the Group CIO and acting as the subject matter and industry expert relating the technology solutions.
· Communicate regularly with the business stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction, picking up any reported concern/issue with focus and priority to prevent further escalation and deterioration.
· Recommend the appropriate products and services that meet client needs, provide value and to be tracked against agreed budgets
· Research and recommend innovative IT solutions to improve efficiencies and reduce operational costs
· Day-to-Day leadership of the IT technical support team 1st & 2nd Level and IT helpdesk tickets in your region. IT Helpdesk tickets are monitored and closed within SLA with by providing support for end users when needed
· Follow up on agreement renewals and advise the CIO what the best action is and take the action after approval
· Project manage new IT projects and initiatives
· Ensure all processes are executed in line with agreed standards and workflows (For example: installation and configuration of network components, storage systems, desktops and servers)
· Perform controls on system backups and recovery
· Develop and improve document installation, configuration procedures and network topologies
· Maintaining the security and integrity of the company's IT systems (including patch management)
· Maintain accurate departmental records, including hardware assets and software licenses
· Ensure that software license terms are not breached
Experience and proven hands-on knowledge:
· Broad understanding of cloud based solutions (Azure Cloud) with administrative skills & ability to adopt and implement any new technology that might be required to be used
· Design and implement platforms based on virtual desktop solution (such as Windows 365 & Azure Virtual Desktop & Citrix XenApp v7.x) as well with local PC configurations (Windows 10) within a Microsoft Active Directory framework (including the design & implementation of PowerShell scripts and GPO’s).
· Design and implement all types of desktop end-user equipment and keep the asset management database up to date. For PC rollout, we use Microsoft Intune (transition from SCCM).
· Hands-on knowledge on IP based networks and configuration of equipment (such as CISCO routers / HP & CISCO switches / servers)
· Installation, configuration, administration and monitoring of network firewalls / security appliances (FortiGate, both in the offices and in Azure Cloud) / routers, switches (Cisco, HP), wireless controllers / access points (Cisco/Ubiquiti)
· Virtualisation software Azure Cloud and partly on-prem based on VMware technology.
· Enterprise server operating systems (OS) (Windows Server >2012R2, 2016, 2019 & Linux)
· Microsoft Office365 (including Exchange Online, OneDrive & SharePoint Online)
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Good administration, planning and organisational skills (to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload). Change, Incident & Problem management
· Highly focused on attention to detail and quality orientation
· Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement and able to implement
· Ability to work on multiple tasks in isolation and within a team
· Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· A positive and proactive attitude
· Provide support for end users and applications. Investigate, understand, troubleshoot and resolve issues
· To be able to introduce and integrate new technologies
· Desirable qualifications (non-essential): Microsoft Azure certifications, Office 365 administration certification
· Desirable Travel industry application knowledge (non-essential): Amadeus Selling Platform and/or Travelport’s Smartpoint
· Willing and able to travel to other locations