MICE Manager - Singapore
MICE Manager - Singapore
MICE Manager - SingaporeMice Manager is responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion. To organize and coordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, gala dinners, group Air and other MICE related travel. Assist in negotiating space contracts, book event space, venue sourcing and group air travel arrangements and ensure to meet the quality expectations of event planning. To monitor changes that occurs within Travel Industry. Able to propose new ideas to improve event planning and implementation process. Coordinate appointments and visits for site inspection when required. Provide assistance to clients during projects implementation as and when required. Iinitiate action to prevent the occurrence and/or recurrence of problems. Attend product update seminars and travel courses as required.
The role of MICE Manager is hands-on and often involves working as part of an Operations team. Must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event/project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of MICE Manager varies depending on the client’s request and type of event involved. Activities often include:
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events and meetings.
• Work with clients to develop and implement their meeting and events request.
• Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g., timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
• Agreeing to and managing a budget.
• Securing and booking suitable venue or location.
• Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
• Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire.
• Identifying and securing speakers or special guests.
• Planning room layouts and the entertainment programmed, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
• Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
• Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners.
• Preparing delegate packs and papers.
• Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event.
• Liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures.
• Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
• Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
• Reconcile all final billing and ensure the invoicing and client payment timelines are met.
• Ensure timely payments to all involved suppliers and vendors.
Qualifications, key skills and experience
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word/Excel/Power point)
• Passionate, enthusiastic, energetic, wanting to learn and excel in all that we do for MICE & Events.
• Must understand the urgency of getting the information and work done.
• Hands-on attitude.
• Self-starter and able to promote and execute changes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexible hours required – must be able to work evenings or weekends depending on customer requirements.
• Some infrequent travel required.
• Knowledge of airline reservation systems will be a plus
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org