ICT System Support engineer - Norway
The ATPI Group delivers world-leading corporate travel and events solutions to organisations operating in a variety of specialist sectors around the world. For the Global IT team we are looking for a new colleague to join our IT team as ICT System Support engineer. You will be part of our Global IT team that is making use of the latest technology to communicate and act as a global IT team in supporting our users & customers across 22 countries & 50 offices.
As an ICT System Support engineer you will be committed to support our business and will focus on providing an excellent level of IT delivery. To achieve this you will:
· Be Cloud first – administration & implementation – MS Azure led (At this moment we are using Azure Cloud) and making use of the Microsoft 365 suite.
· Communicate regularly with the end-user stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction.
· Pick up any reported concern/issue with focus and priority to prevent further escalation and deterioration.
· Make the end-user happy and ensure they can work without disruptions.
· You will achieve this by day-to-day contact with the end user with the first focus on user in your own region (Nordics) but also provide support to users in other regions as well if needed.
· Make effective use of helpdesk and monitoring tools.
· IT Helpdesk tickets are monitored and closed within SLA with by providing support for end users when needed
· The post will require good, clear communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation.
· Install and configure various IT components in line with agreed standards and workflows (like: installation and configuration of network components, storage systems, desktops and servers)
· Add ideas and improvement to existing documentation & configuration procedures
· Maintaining the security and integrity of the company's IT systems and apply software security patches and upgrades
· Maintain accurate departmental records, including hardware assets and software licenses
Experience & proven hands-on knowledge:
· Managing users (includes MACD; move, add, change & delete) within an environment based on virtual desktop solution (Citrix XenApp v7.x utilised on Azure infrastructure in 7 Azure regions, potential migration to Windows 365 or Azure Desktop VDI) as well with local PC configurations within a Microsoft Active Directory framework (including the usage of PowerShell scripts and GPO’s). All user are setup based on the Office365-suite products and are supported locally and remotely by using tools such as Citrix Director / Quick Assist & LogMeIn.
· Setting up and configure all types of desktop end-user equipment and keep the asset management database up to date. For PC rollout, we use SCCM and manual installations there where required (being migrated to Microsoft Intune)
· Assist with installation, configuration, administration and monitoring of network firewalls / security appliances (FortiGate) / routers, switches (Cisco, HP), wireless controllers / access points (Cisco/Ubiquiti)
· Follow up on monitoring by using tools such as PRTG relating both on-prem resources and within Azure Cloud setup
· Manage users using Enterprise server operating systems (OS) (Windows Server >2012R2, 2016, 2019)
· Manage users within Microsoft Office365-suite (including Exchange Online, OneDrive & SharePoint Online)
· Travel industry application knowledge is good to have, such as Amadeus Selling Platform or Travelport’s Smartpoint. If there is no experience with that, training will be provided on the given applications for the purpose of administration and setup
Qualities and Skills Required:
· Excellent written and spoken Norwegian & English
· Good administration, planning and organisational skills (to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload). Change, Incident & Problem management
· Highly focused on attention to detail and quality orientation
· Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement and able to implement
· Ability to work on multiple tasks in isolation and within a team
· Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· A positive and proactive attitude
· Provide support for end users and applications. Investigate, understand, troubleshoot & resolve issues
· A flexible approach and enthusiastic manner
· Desirable qualifications (non-essential): Microsoft Azure certifications, Office 365 administration certification
· Desirable Travel industry application knowledge (non-essential): Amadeus Selling Platform and/or Travelport’s Smartpoint
· Willing and able to travel to other locations when required