Area and airport opening and softening restrictions
Most recent bans | ATPI Alert Travel Opportunities | 23 July 2021
Below you may find the most recent bans in short. Note that unexpected travel cancellations are taking place and airlines status may change at any given time without prior notice. The enlisted information are based on the officially announced governmental travel restrictions and quarantine measures.
Looking for Covid-19 Travel Information per Country? Go to our travel restrictions tool, that allows you to simply put in your destination, hit search and real time information is returned - explaining travel restrictions, quarantine rules, health documentation requirements, and PPE requirements.
AREAS & AIRPORTS:
- France: Face masks no longer required in public places requiring health passport.
- Germany: COVID-19 travel rules will be in place until 10 September.
- Canada: Yukon government will lift COVID-19 restrictions on travel from 4 August.
- U.S.: Some gates at McCarran International Airport's Terminal 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada, will reopen, resume flights on 24 July after suspension because of COVID-19.
AIRLINES / TRAINS:
- Cambodia, Hong Kong: Cathay Pacific Airways will resume flights to Cambodia from 30 July.
- India: IndiGo Airlines resumes daily flights between Chandigarh and Jaipur.
- Austria, Canada: Air Canada resumes flights between Toronto and Vienna.
Areas & airports imposing further restrictions:
AREAS & AIRPORTS:
- China: Hundreds of flights canceled at Nanjing airport; citywide checks launched as 17 airport workers test positive for COVID-19.
- Spain: Several regions introduce new COVID-19 restrictions, such as night curfew and limits at bars and restaurants.
- Belgium: Government imposes fresh rules for travelers from COVID-19 high-risk countries.
- North America: U.S government extends nonessential travel restrictions at Canada, Mexico land borders through 21 August.
- Indonesia, Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia authorities ban direct, indirect travel to Indonesia because of COVID-19 concerns.
- Russia: New COVID-19 variant detected in the country amid spike in cases.
- China: Nanjing authorities suspend subway line to, from airport as mass COVID-19 testing begins.
- Europe: Incoming travelers who are not fully vaccinated will have to quarantine as German authorities plan to declare Netherlands, Spain COVID-19 high risk areas.
- Israel: Government reimposes COVID-19 'Green Pass'.
- Azerbaijan: Government extends quarantine restrictions to limit spread of COVID-19 until 1 September; public transport suspended in Baku on weekends and public holidays.
- Global: Swedish authorities remove COVID-19 advice against travel to Ukraine, reintroduce travel warnings for Rwanda and Thailand.
- Australia, New Zealand: New Zealand authorities suspend quarantine-free travel with all Australian states because of COVID-19.
- Italy: Proof of immunity or negative COVID-19 test to be required from 6 August to access restaurants, museums and other leisure activities.
- South Korea: Government extends COVID-19 restrictions in Seoul region until 8 August.
AIRLINES & TRAINS:
- Philippines, United Arab Emirates: Update: Cebu Pacific Air cancels Dubai-Manila flights until 1 August.
- Thailand: Update: Six airlines suspend domestic flights from 21 July to 3 August because of COVID-19.
- China, Sri Lanka: Eastern Airlines will suspend Colombo-Shanghai flights for two weeks from 26 July after six passengers tested positive for COVID-19; Colombo-Kunming flight canceled.
- Australia, U.S.: American Airlines will suspend Los Angeles-Sydney flights from 31 August to end of October because of COVID-19.
- Asia, Middle East: Update: Emirates suspends flights from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Dubai until 25 July.
- This information is up to date at the time of publication and is subject to change without prior notice. The above (as uploaded in ATPI Alerts) are the most recent and urgent travel news. However, we suggest that you also follow the below links including updated news for any country of your interest.
- Last update in PDF: 23 July 2021
- Click here to go the ATPI Alerts Archive
- Please stay informed by subscribing to ATPI Alerts.
- Own face coverings / masks will be required across all airports and flights, to comply with COVID-19 measures.
- It is strongly advised to arrive as early as possible to the airport for your departure.
- Airlines have their own policies which are being updated regularly and can be checked directly on their respective websites.
- For the latest information about local country restrictions we advise to check the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- IATA prepared some leaflets for travelers that might need some extra confidence before they feel assured to travel safely again. Perhaps these are interesting to share with your travelers, for those that might still be a bit hesitative to travel:
Sources & news:
Here you can find the travel restrictions, flight operations and screening per country.
Airlines Policies Reference Sheet:
This is a summary view of policies that has been captured on airline websites on a periodic basis. The summary text does not represent the complete terms and conditions and is provided for informational purposes only and without guarantee of accuracy. Please click on the links in this document to see the most up to date and detailed airline policy changes. This information is also likely to change depending on rapidly-evolving circumstances.
International SOS (need login):
Most importantly, make sure to safeguard your own health by following general hygiene rules and avoiding social gatherings. Responsibility is the key to overcoming those hard times and returning back to normal the soonest possible.
Covid-19 Travel Information per Country