USA - Senior Travel Consultant On Site
Geplaatst op 2019-01-07 17:19:28
At our clients office in the USA we are looking for a Senior Travel Consultant to provide excellent customer service by delivering courteous and consultative travel arrangements.
Position Title: Senior Travel Consultant – On-Site
Reports To: Supervisor/Manager
To provide excellent customer service to ATPI clients by delivering courteous and consultative travel arrangements. Demonstrate expertise in routings, faring and travel logistics for domestic and international reservations including air, car, hotel and rail. Applies both company policies and standards as well as adheres to client travel policy and booking requirements. Properly documents reservations according to standards and takes steps to provide lowest, logical fare options. Exhibits experience level through consultative approach with customers and problem solving skills. Mentor less experienced team members and new employees. Work on-site Monday-Friday at the client’s office.
Areas of Accountability
- Ensures service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Proficient in all aspects of domestic and international travel to include air, car, hotel and rail
- Delivers operational requirements and applies appropriate travel policy guidelines according to client specifications
- Ensures data quality standards are met including reporting elements and traveler profile information
- Follows best practices for booking and issuing tickets
- Includes all reservation elements including seat assignments and special requests
- Provides advice and consultation to clients for international documentation.
- Applies industry and company tools and technologies
- Masters proprietary and third party technologies required to perform job functions
- Demonstrates proficiency of applications including telephony and computer skills
- Exhibits industry expertise and international reservation skills
- Knowledge of marine, energy and offshore client requirements
- Understands requirements of marine and offshore, published, and contract faring.
- Balances efficiency and effectiveness
- Works efficiently to provide prompt service and to meet productivity standards
- Responsible for managing incoming calls and emails within service level expectations
- Ensures tickets and informational requests are provided in a timely manner
- Maintains queues and follow-up on client requests
- Helps team members with overflow work and tasks
- Makes suggestions for process improvement
- Takes the initiative to solve problems and reports solutions to management.
- Supports company objectives, products, technologies and initiatives
- Upholds company policies and procedures; makes suggestions for quality improvements or efficiencies
- Demonstrates teamwork and offers assistance to co-workers and management
- Volunteers for departmental projects or company initiatives
- Maintains rapport and works professionally with suppliers, vendors and third party companies
- Takes steps to avoid debit memos and errors
- Embraces technology initiatives.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to build strong client relationships
- Overall understanding of technology platforms, GDS functions, Microsoft applications
- Able to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of international reservations, geographies, faring and routings
- Consultative service skills and problem solving abilities
- Expertise in marine, offshore and energy travel industry
- Capable of sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- Shows initiative by looking for opportunities to improve processes and making suggestions
- Supportive of management and company objectives
- Work on-site Monday-Friday at the client’s office.