As a global business we take our responsibilities as corporate citizens seriously. There’s no denying that we’re part of an industry that actively promotes the use of transport. But we’re still committed to minimising pollution. We contribute by developing tools that help our clients to understand the impact of their travel on the environment.
We encourage environmental responsibility at all levels of the organisation, through training, and by explaining our CSR strategy. And we promote open dialogues with all our stakeholders about our environmental targets and performance. ATPI's responsibility falls into four categories: Duty of Care, Environment, Ethics and People & Community.
ATPI, Environmental Policy
ATPI recognises that good management includes all environmental matters and is committed to the prevention of pollution. The prevention of pollution forms part of all decisions, policies, activities, products and services. We encourage environmental responsibility through all levels of our organisation, by employee awareness, environmental communication, and training.
However, being in an industry that promotes the use of transport, both in the UK and overseas, the Company recognises its own necessary role in developing products to assist customers to be fully aware of the effect of their travel on the environment. ATPI has already developed several reporting tools from its award winning travel booking system that allow clients to gauge their own company's impact on the environment by the mileage incurred, and the method of travel, and continues to develop further such products. The company will:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and other requirements to which the company subscribes which relate to our environmental aspects
- Take advantage of its long-established and powerful supplier relationships, resulting in the best possible terms, including specially negotiated bulk air fares and hotel rates
- Provide for the publication of the Environmental Policy internally, by posting the document on the company Intranet and externally to all interested parties, on request.
- Provide for the setting and achievement of environmental objectives and targets for the company, and for the publication of the environmental objectives and targets by the posting of the document on the company Intranet.
- Maintain efforts to achieve continual improvement in the environmental performance of the company, the starting point being to comply fully with the requirements of ISO14001:2015.
- Avoid the depletion of natural resources by endeavouring to reduce paper use and recycle waste paper and office consumables.
- Select suppliers who themselves take responsibility for environmental issues.
- Foster openness, dialogue and discussion with employees, clients, suppliers, contractors and all interested parties regarding the environmental performance and the environmental objectives and targets of the company.
- Measure environmental performance by conducting regular environmental audits and assessments of compliance with the Environmental Policy, relevant environmental legislation and the requirements of the company.