Established in 1987. Over the past 25 years, the little travel agency on the corner has grown into an international player. Arend de Roever and John Jansen took the initiative to merge Active Travel and Roever Reizen in 1996. That moment marks the beginning of the full-service event management company whose name today is synonysmous with the highest levels of quality and service.
Memorable moments in our history include:
- filming a McKinsey movie in Sardinia directed by Thom Hofman
- an exclusive desert campsite in Marrakesh for over 400 Unique Temp Agency staff
- the first in a long line of Olympic Games, serving athletes, supporters and sponsors, in Nagano, Japan in 1996*.
- an airlift to Prague for the anniversary of an IT specialist
- 15 years of the St. Martin Heineken regatta
- supervising the Dutch Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's world tour
- the reception for all medal-winners at the palace hosted by Queen Beatrix in the past and, now, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima
Coming from a number of locations in Aalsmeer and Amstelveen, our premises at Schiphol Rijk - close to the airport - were a logical choice. In the following years we welcomed many new colleagues, after the takeover of Aulbers Incentives and Van & Van, a specialist in the automotive segment. We also said goodbye to colleagues from the sports marketing agency Referee, which became Infront Sports & Media in 2015.
The company's growth has enabled many colleagues from the early days to advance. John Jansen remains involved with the company as an international director.